Wycliffe College – 5 Hoskin Avenue, Toronto, ON M5S 1H7
University of Toronto Campus – (Museum TTC Stop)
The Business of Screenwriting – Screenwriter Professional Development
- Date Saturday, July 6, 2019
- Workshop Time: 10:00AM-4:00PM
- Registration: 9:30 Sharp
- Location: Wycliffe College – Soward Room
- Address: 5 Hoskin Avenue, Toronto, ON M5S 1H7 – UofT Campus (Museum TTC Stop)
Your Screenplay + Festival Acceptance will be Noticeably Better after this Class!
Your Instructor for the day is Shannonn Kelly, Award Winning Screenwriter.
As well, Shannonn is a Script Doctor, Documentary Filmmaker and Managing Artistic Director, Head Programmer of the ReelHeART International Film and Screenplay Festival, Toronto Beaches Film Festival and GeekFest Toronto.
A former student of Canada’s most highly revered and admired Story Editors / Script Doctors in North America, Nika Rylski, who has story edited scripts on the Hollywood Blacklist every year, to films nominated for the Academy Awards®; Shannonn and Nika have taught Screenplay workshops as a Team for a few years. This season, Shannonn will take the reigns and focus on the Business of Screenwriting.
As a Screenwriter competing internationally, Shannonn has won over 30 Awards and has 2 Projects in Hollywood making the rounds for Packaging and Options. Some of her award winning screenplays are:
- “3rd Degree Burn“, Feature Action, Adventure, Action, Thriller, Crime, Buddy
- “Kings of The Highway“, Feature Drama, Thriller, Crime, Suspense, Psychological Thriller
- “Pole Position“, TV Pilot/TV Series, Drama, Crime, Transgender, Urban Thriller
- “The Alien’s Puppets”, Feature Comedy, by Shannonn Kelly, Matheus Hrushka, Rubens Neto
- “The Brothers McDonagh“, Feature Drama, Thriller, Crime, Drama, Suspense, Mystery
This workshop is an absolute unique opportunity to develop and fine tune your Screenwriting Craft and Learn the Business of Screenwriting from someone who’s feet are firmly planted in both worlds, as a Screenwriting Contest Administrator and as a Screenwriter who enters Competitions.
Secure your seat now for this amazing day of insider knowledge that no other film festival or screenplay competition in the world will share publicly.
- Price: $119.99 – Workshop Includes:
- Let’s Talk Shop
- Why Scripts Fail – Why Scripts Soar
- Submitting to Screenplay Competitions
- How the Screenwriter’s Goal Determines which Competitions to Enter
- Which Competitions to ignore (Some are just Cash Grabs)
- Which Competitions To Enter (You might be Surprised)
- Getting Past The Screenplay Judges and Readers
- Who’s Reading Your Script
- How Much do they Read?
- Common Errors that Earn a Pass with First readers and/or Judges
- In Screenwriting Competitions, a “Pass” means a “Fail”
- The 1st 10 Pages!
- What Is Your Story Really About?
- Can a Reader See What Your Story Is About in the 1st 3-10 Pages?
- How to Get from Where You are Today to a Winning Script
- Marketing YOU The Screenwriter
- Get on Social Media
- Let Agents, Production Houses Know About You without Annoying them
- Writer Portals – Are They Worth It? Which Ones To Choose
- Let Workshop Your Script
- We will Take the 1st 10 Pages of Your Script Today and Workshop It
Online ticket sales for this event are closed.